Dedicated in 1867, this church serves a congregation that dates to 1859.  Like many other buildings in Carson City, the stone used in its construction was quarried at the nearby State Prison.  Reverend Warren Nims (Pastor 1863-1866) was responsible for much of the original construction.  Altered extensively over the years, the structure, with its octagonal porch posts and pointed-arch windows, is one of Nevada’s oldest religious structures.