ONE OF EUREKA’S FIRST HOUSES

The Tannehill brothers built this cabin for a residence in 1864 and lived here about a year before selling their mining interests to a New York company in 1866.  The cabin subsequently went through a number of owners, including the firm of Nathan & Harrison, one of the area’s first mercantile establishments in the late 1860s.

Fires, floods, and the ravages of time have spared the structure, and local residents take justifiable pride in the fact that they have been able to save it.