Once the residence of John Mackay, this elegant mansion also served as the office for the Gould & Curry Mining Company.  Mackay, an Irish-born immigrant, was the richest man the Comstock ever produced.  Built in the 1860’s this building survived the “Great Fire of 1875” and was the headquarters for Mackay, Fair, Flood, and O’Brian – “Silver Kings” of the Comstock.